Topic Suggestions for Discussions (World Issues)

A place for serious, deep discussions, intellectual stimulation, philosophy, meta-perspectives and thorough reflections.
Notice for this Part of the Forum:
A place for serious, deep discussions, intellectual stimulation, philosophy, meta-perspectives and thorough reflections.
Molaskes
Community Admin
Community Admin
Posts in topic: 2
Nickname(s): The Voice of Reason
CDW: ✅ Count me in!
My democracy level: SDG (12-19)
Profile news headline: Think Tank Launch | Think-Tank-Start

Topic Suggestions for Discussions (World Issues)

Post by Molaskes »

Here are a few suggestions from the old 2020 think tank:

1. In vaccinations, which dangers are really significantly possible, how are the approval and monitoring procedures to be judged, and how sound is the overall scientific foundation of vaccinations — evidence-based or just tradition plus marketing?

2. How lobbyism hijacks alternative movements and abuses them to attack campaigns for public safety that are against the interests of certain industries (case in point: the "Climate Lie")

3. "politically correct" as actually "politically controlled" language

4. The world as a perfect Dystopia (perfect precisely because it is both real and yet not perceived in the heads of the people)

5. dangers through the wide marketing of novel technologies (eg mobile communication and genetical engineering vs the consume history of initial behavior towards X-rays and radioactivity)

6. creating a better health system

(These topics were suggested in the old web 2.0 community between December 2020 and April 2021,
have been collected and now they've finally been copied here by me.)
Last edited by Molaskes on 230526 Fri 2204, edited 2 times in total.
Molaskes
Community Admin
Community Admin
Posts in topic: 2
Nickname(s): The Voice of Reason
CDW: ✅ Count me in!
My democracy level: SDG (12-19)
Profile news headline: Think Tank Launch | Think-Tank-Start

Re: Perfect Dystopia?

Post by Molaskes »

That's a philosophical question: Is a perfect dystopia one that cannot be overcome, or is it "only" the worst that can actually exist in the real world, but which then still could be overcome? The latter would actually even be a source of hope: EVEN the perfect dystopia cannot, or could not, last forever, even the perfect dystopia can, or could, be overcome! So I don't think one has to subscribe to the notion that a perfect dystopia implies hopelessness, perhaps even quite the opposite. — All that could of course be part of the proposed detailed analysis of the topic. Your points, regarding the demotivational power of such a phrase, however, could, and perhaps should, be part of that as well. In fact, this aspect may be considered PART of the dystopia, part of the dystopian mind control and mind-programming — but as I sketched here: it can actually easily be overcome by looking at the phrase in a different way. That this "easily" may not be done so easily, or likely even not at all, by most people, IS part of the dystopian sociopsychology of our society.

As with all topic suggestions, I may one day find the time to write an analysis myself, but I invite everyone else to do so sooner. :)
Last edited by Molaskes on 211214 Tue 2145, edited 1 time in total.